Thursday, February 5, 2009

Sa Wakas!!


I was freaking out last night when suddenly my PC at home did not recognize my external hard drive (EHD) because I was experimenting with partition magic. I have been dying to partition my EHD, unfortunately, I have already stored about 30GB of files, all which are soooo important that losing them would be a disaster to me. I thought that the only way I could partition it was by backing up all my files, reformat the drive, and install new partitions. And that procedure is just way too long and a big hassle.

So I did some searching, asked few people, and have decided to take it a shot with partition magic. The first few installers I have downloaded were all the trial versions. They restricted me from resizing and moving my current partition which added to the pressure. So when I have finally downloaded a full version, I thought it would be the end of it.

I got frustrated coz it keeps on giving an error. "Too many errors" it said. I tried to run a chekdisk, just as the troubleshooting guide recommends, but I was surprised that my PC wont detect my EHD. It was already 3am then and my eyes were already complaining. When I finally thought of giving a last try after rebooting, my PC crashed. ~_~

Then just this morning, I skipped out on 2 of my midterm exams and decided to continue at work. I felt relieved when my EHD was detected by the PC I used here at work. So I installed the full version of partition magic and resumed with the partitioning and finally succeeded.

Finally now I wont have to worry with my EHD files. =D

_____________________________

Before partitioning my EHD drive, I also had some time last night to finally add themes and customize my uber messy desktop. I just wish I could revive my PC later this night when I get home so I can take a screenshot. (sigh)

 

~ Sokutatsu ~ Free Blogspot Templates Designed by productive dreams for smashing magazine | | Free Wordpress Templates. Cell Numbers Phone Tracking, Lyrics Song Chords © 2009